Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I love a good rummage sale!

Last weekend when Andy's parents were here, they tipped me off to a rummage sale that would be taking place this Saturday at the parish they attend when in town.  Now I have quite the running list of ideas in my head for projects around the house, and a rummage sale sounds like a good place for cheap materials!  So yesterday morning, we stopped by the sale, and was it a hoppin'!  While I didn't find anything for the big projects I had in mind, I found some really cool home decor stuff for next to nothing.  With a little TLC, they will easily be able to find a place in our home.

First up is this set of wood candlesticks.




I'm seeing a new finish or coat of paint.  I almost want them to turn into the unexpected element in a room.  Maybe a really bright, bold color?  Who knows.  But, for 25 cents each, I couldn't pass them up.

Next up is this rooster wall hanging/hook.  Or maybe it's a turkey?




I'm going to go with rooster for the time being.  Now, I like roosters, but I am very picky about which ones I like.  They have to be vintage country or I'll keep walking.  This is vintage country, and I'm digging it.  I am guessing it's real copper as it has started to patina (either that or its grease from someone's kitchen) but I'm kind of digging the copper color and I probably won't change him.  There wasn't a price on him, but I took a chance.  The lovely lady checking us out said 25 cents.  I said sold. 

And last, but certainly not least, is this beautiful regal boy.   






He was covered in something, still don't know what.  I am guessing he was living in somebody's plant jungle and was covered in dried plant junk.  At any rate, a little bit of Dawn and a firm bristle brush cleaned him up good as new.  He's just beautiful, and probably my favorite buy of the day.  He's gong to live in our living room, but I'm not sure if he will keep his post by the TV or not.  That's where he'll live for now though.  At a dollar, he wasn't the cheapest thing I bought, but still quite a steal.  Last night, Katie realized he was there, got up on her back legs and gave him a sniff.  He is now her boyfriend.  

Speaking of Kater-Paws, she'd like to let the blog world know that this is how she plans on spending her Sunday afternoon.  




Well, that's all I have for now.  Have a relaxing Sunday afternoon, and I'll be back with some more projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment