Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My first post!

Welcome to my new blog!  I've lost access to my old email address, so I also lost access to my old blog (thefreemanadventures.blogspot.com).  It's been so long since I have even posted on there anyways that I thought it might be a good idea to just start from scratch.  My platform has changed; the previous blog was to document our move to CA, and then back to the Midwest, and then I tried to make it a home update blog, but that did not happen.  So here goes, with a new idea and a new blog.

For a while now, I have been purchasing things (furniture, home decor, etc) for next to nothing off Craigslist or in thrift stores, and with a makeover, turning them into a prized possession.  It never gets old telling someone that I refinished this, or I picked that up for $1.99.  So, while I was at work today, the bright idea of starting a blog of befores and afters (and maybe some in-betweens and how-to's) would be fun!  Now, I am by no means an expert, and some of my methods may make some cringe, but hey, it works for me and I enjoy the results!

I have a few projects up my sleeve that have already been completed, so in the next few days I will share those.  In the meantime, thanks for visiting my new blog, and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment