Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The One

I've been on the hunt for a dresser for the nursery.  Our plan (ok, my plan) has been to pick one up cheap second hand, preferably 70's or older, and refinish/paint it.  I wanted one that was low so it could be used as a changing table too.  Yesterday, I found one that I loved.  And then I went to ask the seller about it and it was gone.  I was sad.  It was $30 and just what I had imagined.

Today when I walked out of work, I took a quick peek at Craigslist and found "the one."  Antique, all wood low dresser...for $30!  I called immediately and arranged a time to see it tonight.  A couple hours later, this true beauty is sitting in my garage...









I love it so much!  I am thinking glass knobs, but I am really debating with myself about whether I follow the hot trend and paint it, or if I stain a deep espresso to give it the "old yet modern" look.  What do you think?  I really am open to ideas here...

And just because I am sure you would love to see more, here is the awesome rocker my Mom found in a thrift store for $45!





Haven't decided if the fabric will stay or go, but I have to figure out a way to refinish the wood on it.  The cushions seem to be pretty well in place on it, so if I go that route, it may have to be professionally done.  Any advice out there on something like this?  Does it seem complex but is actually really easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment